Landlords wishing to resell electric services to its tenants are required to be certified by the Utilities Commission pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 62-110(h) and Chapter 22 of the Commission’s Rules.
The following links will provide the information necessary to start the application process.
- Application for Certificate of Authority to Resell Electric Service
- Application for Transfer of Authority to Resell Electric Service for Apartment Complexes
- Commission Rule R22 covering the provision of electric resale
- Electric Resale Law – N.C. Gen. Stat. § 62-110(h)
- Commission order adopting electric resale rules
- Commission order on allowances and refunding underages
- Commission order amending electric resale rules