Transportation Info for HHG Carriers
MRT Training Seminar
Click Here to Register
The North Carolina Utilities Commission (NCUC) regulates transportation of household goods (HHG) over public highways within North Carolina. The Maximum Rate Tariff (MRT) governs the rates and operating practices associated with these shipments. Provisions of the MRT:
- Defines the maximum rates that may be charged for services.
- Describes (in detail) various rules of operation.
- Specifies forms that must be used with every regulated move.
To ensure familiarity with these provisions, free training seminars are provided throughout the year as a joint effort by the NCUC, Public Staff, and the North Carolina Movers Association (NCMA). These seminars are geared towards providing carriers with relevant information that will benefit overall business operations:
- Moving procedures breakdown (Best practices, Claims process, Pitfalls to avoid)
- Required documents (BOL, Estimates, COI etc.)
- Quarterly Reports (How to report, What revenues to include)
- Annual Reports (Operating statistics, Verification)
- Sample Moves (MRT rates, chargeable items)
An online version of the MRT seminar will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Representatives will answer questions and help attendees gain a better understanding of the MRT, including appropriate billing practices.
The upcoming online MRT training seminar has been scheduled on Zoom: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, with a scheduled lunch period. Upon submitting the registration on the link above, additional details will be provided. Attendance will be limited, so sign up early.
Please note that all new carriers are required to attend a training seminar within 3 months from the date of the Order Granting the Certificate of Exemption.